Tricks to Estimate a Commercial Painting Project
If you need to repaint an office building but you neither have the equipment, nor the paint itself, you should call an experienced commercial painting provider. Of course, professional painting services can cost a lot, depending on the size of the property and the type of painting materials, so you need to be well prepared to meet any expenses. For this reason today Independent Painting Inc, of Anaheim, CA, will provide you with some tips on how to accurately calculate a painting project before you book a contractor.
Here is what you will need to do:
- Measure (in square feet) the exterior of the building you need painted, including the gutters, soffits, etc.
- Divide the total square footage by 400 for a smooth surface, or or 300 for a rough one, in order to estimate the amount of paint you will need (in gallons).
- Quality exterior paint costs about $30-$35 per gallon, so you can multiply the numbers you have by this price.
- Labor and overhead painting costs will vary by the geographic location of the property and the type of quality you are looking for. But you can still calculate them approximately by estimating the hours of work (including hours of prep – pressure-washing, caulking, scraping of old paint, cleaning, building of the painting scaffolding, etc.)
- Add some money to your budget for any unexpected costs like – fuel, equipment rental, brushes, and some other materials you will have to buy before your commercial painting team starts working.
For more information or if you want to book a free job estimate with our company, you can call (714) 606-9187. We will be happy to assist you do an exact estimation of the painting job you need done and therefore assist you in planning your budget in details.